Who are we?
CERN Table Football Club’s aim is to provide the whole CERN community with the chance to enjoy the game of table football, no matter whether you are a beginner or an expert.
Founded in 2017, we have 2 tables based on the Meyrin site and we organise regular meet-ups for our members and tournaments for the wider site.
Meet you there.
Expect a party atmosphere!
First Charitable CERN Table Football Tournament Announced
Since the arrival of CERN Table Football Club in summer 2017, users of Restaurant 1 and 2 have been enjoying the opportunity to play a game of ‘babyfoot’ whilst steadily sharpening their skills. Now it’s time to put these skills to the test as a table football tournament will take place on 11–13th July!
What’s more, the event will be organised in support of CERN & Society, so not only is it an excuse to take on (and defeat) your colleagues but also in aid of a very good cause. In fact, all the proceeds from this tournament will directly go to the CERN & Society Foundation in support of its Education & Outreach projects, to help young talent from around the world flourish with science.
The tournament will be open to all at CERN to participate in with an entry fee of 10 CHF. A group stage will be followed by a knockout stage so all participating teams will be guaranteed a minimum number of matches. Each team will consist of 2 players so start scouting for your partner now! A prestigious trophy awaits the winner along with prizes for all those getting to the final rounds! So Join in and make a difference!
WHERE: Restaurant 1
WHEN: 11–13th July
To participate in the tournament, subscribe here.
- Normal play will start at 5.30pm* in R1 each day
- The target is GROUP GAMES will be held on the Wednesday (11th) evening and KNOCKOUTS on the Thursday (12th) evening
- ALL 3 TABLES will be in R1 for the event including our new Italian table which will arrive any day!
- Matches will be DOUBLES - You can partner with anyone you like provided you both have the necessary CERN access passes to reach R1
- Looking for a PARTNER? Let us know in the comments or by DM or email email@example.com
- REGISTER HERE! 10 CHF entry fee ALL of which goes to CERN & Society’s education & outreach programme
*N.B. – If teams scheduled to play each other in the evening agree to play during the day, this is fine of course and will help ease potential table traffic later!
THE DETAILS - RULES FAQ:
We generally play in line with the official ITSF rules which can vary a little from some key French and Italian rules. Here are the main points:
- No spinning
- GROUP PHASE - Each fixture is 1 game - First to score 7 goals wins
KNOCKOUT PHASE - Each fixture is best of 5 games (first to win 3 games) and 5 goals wins each game
- You can score using any player on the table including any midfielder or attacker in any position
- You can trap and control the ball
Joining the Club
CERN Table Football Club members play for free at all our regular meet-ups. These will be held monthly as a minimum. In addition, entry into our site-wide tournaments will also be free of charge for CTFC members.
To join we ask for one-time fee of 15 CHF and this is further reduced to just 5 CHF for members of CERN’s Staff Association. To complete the process, please send us your preferred email address, your CERN ID number and Staff Association number if applicable. Once we have received your payment using the details below, you’re good to go!
Account Name: CERN Table Football Club
IBAN: CH22 0027 9279 1653 6540 D
Note: Please provide your name in the transaction details.